Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Sims 3 Showtime, the new expansionpack

Hello !
Maybe some of you have heard the news of the next expansion pack. The title "Showtime" has been up for awhile but it was not until yesterday we got some more info about the ep. Both pictures from it, a trailer and a little bit of info surrounding what it will really be about. 

Well, what do I think about this future ep? I think it's too early to decide if you really like it or not. But many people on the forums etc. have been very negative about it. I understand their reasons and I feel the same about those. You see the main reason many are disappointed is the new function "social features" where you'll be able to "send your Sims to a friend’s game, perform at their venue in front of their Sims where you both will earn rewards, and capture and share these in-game moments of your rise to fame".

When you first hear the idea I didn't think THAT negative about it but then when you begin to think a bit more, many kinds of problems show up. First of all, if I don't have any friends who play The Sims 3, is it impossible for my Sim to advance in her/his career? Second, if I invite someone's Sim to my game will that cause my game to get certain bugs the other had in their game ? I also read somewhere about the possibility of other unpleasant things like, viruses etc. If you/the other person have CC in your game that the other person does not have how will that affect your/their game ? I know that EA don't take any responsibility for CC but there's always the Sims 3 store ?

If you can't advance in your career without sending and inviting other people's Sims to your game then you won't be able to play with that Sim and it's career when your Internet is down. I also think it's sad that if you don't want to play with the "online" feature then you won't get certain awards. But those awards actually got me thinking. If those awards is something you have to download from their website, like the memories awards then I won't say anything, but if it's something you get "in game" then wouldn't you be able to buy them through buydebug?

But I guess it's maybe too early to get too agitated about it. I mean in Generations, the memories that we got, could be turned off. Okey, not completely but there's a mod for that.If the entire expansion need Internet connection then it's bad.

But other than the social features I think it looks pretty fun, although it really seems like Late night part 2 ^^' I remember when Late night came out that I thought it was weird that you couldn't have any singers in bands. . . but now I know why EA decided to do that. Many people and I also think that the things in showtime should have been included in late night. I mean just look at the DJ career. In late nights we got clubs, shouldn't the DJ's have been included then ? I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when we have even more info about Showtime.

Anyways, here's the trailer if you want to take a look :3


..and some pics :)
I think the hair of the girl in the karaoke picture is cute ^w^

No comments:

Post a Comment